Growing up, my most fond memories was visiting abandoned places with my brother. To this day, if opportunity presents itself, I bring my camera and take a few pictures. These are not my work of course, but I hope you enjoy the visual beauty and maybe it brings fond memories of your own adventures.
- Abandoned Construction of Nuclear Power Plant. Photo By brokenview
- Chatillon Car Graveyard in Belgium
- Jiancing Historic Trail in Taipingshan National Forest in Taiwan. Photo By T.-C
- Abandoned theme park in nara dreamland, japan. Photo by michaeljohngrist
- Clock tower
- Old shack in a snow field, Idaho. Photo By James Neeley
- Abandoned terminal at Nicosia Airport. Photo By eyesfutur
- Milan, New Orleans. Photo By JustUptown
- Abandoned church in autumn. Photo by *CainPascoe
- Abanonded steam engine in Uyuni train cemetery, Bolivia. Photo By jimmyharris
"Sky," Matthew Dickman (via commovente)
I want to take you
on road trips
and hold conversations
under the big blue skies.
I want to drive endlessly
down empty roads
in the middle of the night,
park in the middle of nowhere
so we can watch the stars shine.
You are the only one
that can call me at 3 AM
and I will be more than okay with it
for I would rather
hear your voice than
catch up on episodes that I’ve missed.
Because when it comes to you
the pieces just seem to fit.
This is your poem that I never
wrote: they say we only know the value
of things when they are ending but I am too paranoid
to differentiate a false alarm from a real catastrophe
so I end up holding on too tight
to everything valuable in case of an emergency.
You see, that way I don’t have to leave
This is my truth:
I have lost
count of everything I have had to put down
with reluctant, cramping muscles
that clasp as tightly as a dead man’s fingers
onto the air he no longer breathes.
This is my paradox:
I push things away with a force
that overwhelms their resistance
so that they swing right out of my orbit
and I can tell myself that it is my destructive
gravity that deems me undeserving
of any star within the edges of my black
mood. I am absorbing the spirits of memories
with the desperation of hungry ghosts
consuming human food
and repelling breathing souls at the speed of light
so that they will not taste
my needless, terrified greed.
For My Best Friend, Not Yet Lost, Jollin Tan (via vapourise)